Sunday 25 November 2012

IMATS 2012 haul - Brushes

So I know it's a bit late since IMATS Sydney 2012 was on 29th-30th September but I wanted to post my brushes haul on that weekend. I was actually happy that I didn't spend too much.

Most of my purchase were brushes. I bought a few brushes from Royal & Langnickel (R&L). I also got to meet the amazing Emmy Award winning makeup artist Kevin James Bennett (KJB) and I bought one of the R&L Revolution brushes that was created through his collaboration with R&L. I bought the BX-30 Kabuki blush brush for $18. I kinda regret I didn't buy anymore brushes from this line but I already had so much brushes.

The other brushes I bought was a small stippling brush ($6), a small crease brush ($4) and a finishing fan brush ($4).


R& L Revolution BX-30 Blush Brush

BX-30 Blush Brush (From side)

R&L SILK Pro Small Stippling C255

R&L SILK Pro Crease Brush C420

R&L Finishing Fan Brush BE05





Out of all these brushes my favourites would be the crease brush and the BX-30 brush. The crease brush is really good at picking up product and placing it on the crease and blending. It's not too big but yet not too small either. The BX-30 Blush brush is really good not only for blushes but also for contouring. It picks up a lot of products and blends it really well too. I love it! When I bought it, I asked KJB for a contouring brush and this was the one that he recommended. Although this brush is synthetic it amazingly picks up powdered products really well. And it's nice and soft too and not scratchy.  On the other side I did find the Fan brush a bit scratchy and not that soft. 

And even though I already did have tons of brushes I was so tempted and ended up buying one of Rae Morris's brush, the mini Kabuki brush.



The mini kabuki brush is very cute! It was $19.60 but I got a 10% discount at IMATS. I wanted to buy the deluxe kabuki but it was all sold out. This brush can be used to apply bronzer, blushes or highlighter. You can also use it for contouring as well. It's really nice and soft. I really want to buy a lot more of the Rae Morris brush collections but some of them are quite pricey!

So I think that was all the brushes that I bought! Let me know what you think of these brushes if you've tried them.

1 comment:

  1. I would love the full set of Rae Morris brushes, but sadly it is just so expensive!!!

    Btw, I have two small giveaways on my blog, feel free to enter;
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/aphelia-purify-classic-cleanser-giveaway.html

    and

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/product-review-pure-destiny-aromatics.html

    ReplyDelete