Thursday 27 December 2012

MUA Professional Brow Kit Review

So earlier in the week I posted my MUA haul and one of the products that I purchased was the Professional brow kit.

The first thing I noticed when I was about to buy the brow kit was that it only came in the one colour group. There was no different variations of the kit, just the one.

The kit contains:

  • 2 different brown shades of brow powder
  • 1 matte neutral highlight shade
  • 1 wax/gel to set the eyebrow powder and set brows into place
  • 1 two sided angled eyebrow brush/applicator
  • 1 mini tweezer
Considering what you get in the brow kit, it is actually a pretty compact kit that you can easily carry around in your handbag or in a small makeup bag for travelling.

Below are the swatches of the brow kit (Top - with flash; Bottom - without flash):

From L to R: Neutral matte highlight shade (bottom left of the kit), Light brown brow shade (top right of the kit), Dark brown brow shade (top left of the kit)


All 3 of the powders in the kit are quite pigmented. At first I thought this brow kit would not suit me since my natural hair colour is black but surprisingly the dark brown powder blended well with my eyebrow and did not look unnatural at all. I found what worked best for me was to apply the brow powder first to fill and define the eyebrow and then use the gel/wax over it to set it in place and to intensify it. If needed, I go back in again with the brow powder just to add depth and intensity. I sometimes also do it the other way around. It is up to you really what works best for you.


Although the 2-sided brush that came with the kit didn't seem like it was a dense angled brush it works quite well in applying the brow powder and gel. With the gel/wax,  I actually really like the consistency of the wax and you don't need much at all to use it and it does not come out too greasy. And finally the mini tweezer that came in the kit is not too bad. It is quite useful when you want to pluck a couple of stray hair but I don't think I would be using it for more than a couple of stray hairs as it is quite a small tweezer.

Overall, I really love this brow kit and recommend anyone to buy this if they are looking for an eyebrow kit. Especially for the price of £3.50 (around AU$5.45) it's a really great buy! You can get the brow kit from the MUA Online shop and they do have free shipping and occasional discounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment