Sunday 31 March 2013

EOTD #10 - Dramatic Arabic Smokey Eye Inspired Look

Sorry I haven't posted an EOTD in a while. I have just recently sold my compact camera since I want to get a new one. I do have an SLR but it is a bit hard to take self portraits with but I have managed to do it.

This EOTD was inspired by MissChievous video tutorial on Exotic Arab Smokey eye look. You can view the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bpu6BWG7pg.

This look is quite dramatic and definitely not an everyday look. I did a double winged eyeliner in this look just to add a bit more drama to the look. And I also



Here are some steps on how to create this look:


  1. First I applied a base all over my eyelid. I used Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in no 16 Pink Beige.
  2. I then applied a pink eyeshadow all over my lid. I used MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Young Venus
  3. I patted a Urban Decay Gunmetal from the Naked Palette (a bluish metallic grey) on the outer third of the eye and then using a blending brush I blended it up to the crease. I keep adding the colour and blending it on the crease until I get the desired effect.
  4. I applied Urban Decay Creep from the Naked Palette (black eyeshadow with shimmer) on the outer v and blended it in with the previous grey eyeshadow applied on the crease.
  5. I applied Urban Decay Virgin on the brow bone and Sin on the inner corner of the eyes.
  6. I tightlined my upper and lower lash line with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and also lined my upper lash line and winged it out. 
  7. I also lined my lower lash lined and created a wing parallel to the upper lash line. 
  8. I then applied Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Pure white in the area between the upper and lower winged line.
  9. I finished off by curling my lashes and applying MAC Haute & Naughty mascara. And lastly because it is such a dramatic eye makeup I used false lashes just to make the lashes look full and long. I used Manicare Glam Eyes Alicia lashes
Tip: to get that clean winged eyeshadow look I placed a scotch tape on the corner of my eyes so it created a clean winged look.

Because this eye makeup is so dramatic, I left the face and lips quite subtle. 
For the lips I used Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
And for the face I used the following products:
  • LancĂ´me Teint Visionnaire foundation in 04 Beige Nature
  • Makeup Academy (MUA) Bronzed Perfection Bronzer
  • MAC Peachtwist blush
  • Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer in 002
Hope you like this look!

5 comments:

  1. Love the winged eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a great dramatic look! - It suits you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura!!!

    And thanks Maria! It is a really nice look right! It definitely accentuate the eyes.

    ReplyDelete