Tuesday 12 March 2013

Review: Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser

Around a month ago I went to visit my younger sister in Wellington, New Zealand. Before departing Wellington, I was browsing at the airport and I discovered the brand Antipodes. Antipodes sells organic skincare and makeup (I only found out about the makeup range on their website). I was just browsing their products at the airport and was not planning to buy anything but their products attracted me. After browsing for around 15 or so minutes, I ended up buying a couple of products, the Grapeseed Butter Cleanser and the Avocado oil and Rosehip Divine Face Oil. I also got a free hand cream with my purchase.

Anyway, this post will be about the Grapeseed butter cleanser. I will be reviewing the Avocado oil and Rosehip Divine Face Oil in a different post.



The cleanser comes in a jar. I know the first thing in mind that comes up is a jar?? That's unhygienic because you have to dip your hands/fingers in it and germs can go in the product. Well...this is not the case. The cleanser comes with a tiny little spatula to solve this problem.

Anyway to the product itself. The cleanser contains many nourishing and soothing ingredients such as cacao butter, olive oil, harekeke oil (antibacterial), Vinanza Grape extract (comes from New Zealand sauvignon blanc grape seeds to repair skin), lavender, blue chamomile and hibiscus flower.


To use the cleanser pick up the product using the spatula and massage all over your face (dampened, not wet). You really don't need to use a lot as it spreads really easily. When you first pick up the cleanser it feels quite solid but as you massage it on your face it becomes really silky and creamy. After you have massaged it all over the face and neck, rinse it off with a face cloth dampened with warm water. This cleanser really does remove all my makeup off including my eye makeup. After cleansing, my face feels thoroughly clean yet supple, soothed and moisturised.

I definitely recommend this cleanser and I will definitely be repurchasing this although this may last me quite a while.

And just to show you how good this cleanser is, see the photos below. I swatched several eyeshadows, bronzer, blush, eyeliner and foundation then I applied the cleanser and massaged it onto my skin. After wiping it off with a wet cloth all the makeup is removed. It's amazing!!!



4 comments:

  1. I never heard about this brand, but it seems to be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so far I really love it. Both the cleanser and face oil has made my skin supple and smooth.

      Delete
  2. Great review - I like the fact that it's organic and made with natural ingredients.

    ReplyDelete