Thursday 11 April 2013

EOTD #11 Neutral eye makeup look with purple eyeliner

Last week I got a Clinique eyeshadow duo and blush which was a Gift with purchase (GWP) that a friend gave me. The 2 eyeshadows in the GWP was Clinique Colour Surge in Lucky Penny (a shimmery champagne with pink tones) and a shade from the Black Honey quad (a dark brown with red /burgundy tones). I love these eyeshadows. The colours are neutral but gorgeous and is perfect for everyday makeup look.

For this look I used the 2 eyeshadows I mentioned above but I wanted to add a pop of colour so instead of lining my eyes with a black eyeliner I used a purple liner. I think adding the purple using the liner gives a more subtle pop of colour.




To recreate this look:
  1. I started by applying a base all over the lid and up slightly towards the brow bone. The base I used was Chanel Illusion d'Ombre eyeshadow in Emerveille. 
  2. Then I applied the lighter shade in the Duo palette which was Lucky Penny all over the lid.
  3. On the outer third of the eyes I pat the the darker shadow from the Duo (which was the dark reddish brown colour) and then with a fluffy brush start blending it towards the crease.
  4. Pick up more of the dark reddish brown eyeshadow with the fluffy brush and blend it on the crease. 
  5. I tightlined my upper lash line using MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. This gives the illusion that the lashes are thicker.
  6. I then lined the upper lash line with SEPHORA Flashy Liner Waterproof eyeliner in the colour Flashy Violet. 
  7. I also lined the lower lash line with the same purple liner.
  8. I finished off by curling my lash and applying mascara. The mascara I used was Australis Killer Curves mascara.
Products used for the eye makeup
I really like this look. I think the purple liner just add that subtle pop of colour without going over the top. You can easily take this look to a night time look by intensifying the darker eyeshadow and also intensifying the purple liner by setting it with a bright violet eyeshadow.

For the face I used Lancome Teint Visionnaire foundation, MAC Peachtwist blush and MUA Bronzed Perfection Bronzer.  And for the lips I used Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip balm stain in Adore.

And that's it! This was a pretty quick makeup look great for an everyday look. 




2 comments:

  1. That purple liner takes this lovely neutral look to another level, just gorgeous, Ina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Yeah it really does.

      Delete