Monday 15 July 2013

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask Review


So if you've seen my recent post on a haul from Mecca Cosmetica you would've seen that I had purchased the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. I've been lusting for a hydrating mask and have been reading various reviews on various products. I had 2 on my final list which were this mask and the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Hydrating Overnight mask. After trying a sample of both mask I went ahead with the Origins because it is a really great mask and the Kiehl's one stung my skin around my nose a bit when I applied it.


I've got normal/dry skin but in winter it does tend to get drier because of inside heating in the office and home so I usually like to get extra hydration. My skin also tends to get dry and flaky around my nose. That is why I wanted to add Origins Drink Up Intensive mask to my routine.

The mask comes in a 100ml tube at a cost of AU$34. It does seems quite expensive but I think it's worth the cost as you only need just a bit more than pea size amount to apply all over the face. The packaging is quite simple, a bright green tube. I don't mind it being in a tube as it's more hygienic than having it in a jar (which is what the Kiehl's Hydrating Overnight masque is stored in).

The texture/formula of the mask is quite similar to that of a thick moisturiser. However it's not too thick so it is still easily spreadable all over the face. Applying the mask is very easy. You just need to squeeze a dollop of the mask and apply a thin layer all over the face. As you can see above, after around 5-10 minutes the mask absorbs into the skin and it looks like you are not wearing the mask at all. The instructions say that you can tissue off the excess if needed but I found that I didn't really need to do this. The mask absorbs quite quickly into my skin so I was not worried about it leaving any greasy residues on my pillow or my sheets.
As you apply the mask on the face it has quite a strong fruity scent, but I didn't mind this at all. Some may be put off by the smell so if you are interested in trying this, it may be best to try a sample.

So was the results good? I am definitely happy with the results this mask gave me. It really does hydrate  the skin. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels so hydrated and plump. I also found that my skin has stopped flaking and drying around my nose. I now have used this for around 2 weeks and I can see an improvement in my skin and complexion. I have incorporated this into my night time routine twice a week and apply this mask after cleansing. If I need extra boost of hydration, I still apply my facial oils prior to applying the mask.

Overall I am very happy with this mask as it has given me great results. It may seem pricey but you do get quite a lot (100ml) and it does give a great hydrated skin so it's definitely worth the price.

Have you tried this mask before?

No comments:

Post a Comment