Wednesday 21 August 2013

Antipodean Beauties: Winter

Week 3 challenge of the Antipodean Beauties is "Winter".

I don't usually adjust my makeup to the season, but I thought I will do a look that I think fits the theme "winter".

Winter in Canberra is so freezing cold! When I think of cold I think of the colour blues, but I don't really have much pale blue eyeshadow so I decided to go with light lilac. I think it fits the winter theme quite nicely. I also paired this look with a deep berry lipstick which is definitely a winter colour.



The products used:
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoo in white
  • Essence eyeshadow in 63 is it purple?
  • MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadow in Centre Stage
  • L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Hourglass Beige
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette - Buck
  • Urban Decay Fun Palette - Psychedelic
  • Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
  • Revlon Grow Luscious mascara
  • Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in 379N

I used the Maybelline colour tattoo in white all over the lid, and then I applied the Essence eyeshadow no. 63 over that. Because the colour turned out quite pale and light I decided to add a touch of purple using the Urban Decay Psychedelic eyeshadow. I picked this colour up and very lightly swept it over the Essence eyeshadow. I also applied the Psychedelic eyeshadow on the lower lash line. I used Hourglass beige in the inner corner of my eyes. 

To deepen the look I used MAC Centre Stage eyeshadow on the outer corner and use the Naked Palette Buck eyeshadow to blend it with the lilac. I finished off the look with the master precise liner and the Revlon mascara.


To finish off I used the Rouge in Love lipstick in a deep berry colour (379N). Before I got this lipstick I never thought a deep berry/plummy colour would suit me but I gave it a try and I love it! This lipstick also lasts a long time. I actually forgot to bring it with me and the colour lasted at least 6 hours even after drinking and eating.

So do you adjust your makeup to the seasons?



1 comment: